Last modified June 27, 2019
Information We Collect and Use
We collect and use three categories of information from the Site: (1) information you provide to us (2) information we may obtain from third parties and (3) information we collect automatically.
- Personal Information That You Provide To Us “Personal Information” is information that can be reasonably used to identify you as an individual person. We may collect the following types of Personal Information.
- When you submit information through our contact page, we may collect any contact information that you choose to give us, including your name, title, company, phone number, and email and physical addresses, which we will use to communicate with you and otherwise fulfill the purpose of the contact submission, such as sending you investor information if you request it.
- If you submit a job application with Agenus online, we will collect Personal Information including your contact details, work history, employment needs and interests, and anything you submit in connection with the job for which you are applying.
- Personal Information We May Obtain from Third Parties We collect Personal Information from a few third party sources.
- From Business Partners. We may partner with other companies and individuals with respect to particular products or services (“Partners”). Partners include our collaboration partners for services that we jointly develop or market. We may receive information from our Partners about your use of co-branded services.
- Third Party Sharing Tools. We may provide functionality on the Site that will allow others to share content with you through third party sharing tools, such as widgets, tools or buttons. If someone chooses to use sharing functions to refer our content, products or services to you, we will use your Personal Information and the information provided to share content only. We will not access, store or use the Personal Information of individuals who did not directly provide that information.
- Information We May Collect Automatically “Other Data” is information that is anonymous, aggregated, de-identified or otherwise does not reveal your identity. We do not consider Other Data to be Personal Information except to the extent it is defined as Personal Information under applicable law. Additionally, if we link Other Data together in a way that allows us to identify individuals or combine it with Personal Information, we will treat the combined data as Personal Information.
We use certain types of technologies on our Site to collect Other Data.
Most Internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your Internet browser, or visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of all of the features of our Site.
- Logging Technology. Agenus maintains web server logs that record data about visitors to our Site. As you use this Site, we may track certain Other Data, including total number of visits, length of visit, requests by page, internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, user statistics (browser and operating systems) and referring sites. We use web server logs to analyze traffic, to help improve our Site, and to reach new and potential applicants for our clinical trials.
- Website Analytics. We use third party analytics providers such as Google Analytics to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of our Site. To opt-out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Site by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Other Ways We Use Personal Information
In addition to the above, we also may use your Personal Information to:
- operate our business, deliver our products and services and for any other lawful, legitimate business purposes;
- better understand how our products and services impact you and those you care for, to evaluate, track and respond to safety concerns;
- create, improve and develop our products and services;
- comply with our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations including those related to adverse events, clinical trials and patient safety;
- support research and development, as well as academic research;
- preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, our Site or data systems or to meet legal obligations; and
- investigate and resolve disputes and security issues.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Agenus may share your Personal Information in the following ways.
- With Service Providers. We may retain other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf (“Providers”). Examples of Providers include data analytics firms, marketing or advertising providers, content and support providers, email vendors, web hosting and development companies. For instance, we use Taleo to manage our job application administration system and they may have access to our job applicant’s data. We require these Providers by contract to protect your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law.
- With Business Partners. As above, Partners include our collaboration partners for services that we jointly develop or market. Some Partners may collect information on our behalf on our Site. Partners may be provided with access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions.
- To Comply with Law or to Protect. Agenus complies with legal, judicial and regulatory requests for information. Agenus may disclose Personal Information to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public or Agenus.
International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, Agenus may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting our web site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU. Any transfer of data from the EU to a non-EU country will be done in accordance with approved methods of transfer under General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide when visiting or using the site. You accept that the transmission of personal information and other data via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information when it is in the process of being transmitted to and from the site. By providing your Personal Information you consent to:
- The transfer of your personally identifiable information to the United States as indicated above.
The legal basis that we rely on in processing and transferring Personal Data of EU residents (as defined under GDPR) will be one of the following:
- You have consented to our processing of your personal information;
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or to fulfill a request you have made
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to the firm under EU or Member State law; or
- The processing is necessary for purposes that are in our legitimate interests in order to, for example, protect our business and better understand our business partners.
EU residents have the following legal rights in relation to their Personal Data:
- The right to access– You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete any information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to we processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
EU residents may exercise these rights by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note all emails are routed to the U.S.
EU residents have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate privacy or data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Updating Your Information and Preferences
We retain all personal information for the duration of the relevant business relationship or, where required, in accordance with our information management policies and schedules. You may update your Personal Information and your communications preferences in a number of ways.
- If you have an account with us, please log into your account and make the appropriate updates.
- If the information was provided in connection with a clinical trial, your information can be updated by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com.
- You may always contact us for assistance firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues updating your information or communication preferences.
Notice to California Residents
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Generally speaking, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for that purpose. However, if you would like to make a request to review information regarding such disclosures, if any exist, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Sites
Please note that the Site contains links to several other websites, content or services that are owned or controlled by third parties and not Agenus. Please be aware that Agenus is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites other than its own. To learn more about the third parties’ practices, please read their privacy policies and terms.
How We Protect Children’s Privacy
Agenus is concerned about the safety and security of children. Our Site is not targeted to or intended for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your Personal Information or require assistance in managing your choices.
3 Forbes Road
Lexington, MA 02421-7305